scans vs finished
My sketchbook is 90% ugly 2x2” thumbnails and everyone needs to know.
Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post:
125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.As of July 2014, inline images appear as 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
ive been thinking about a new way of sketching in/drawing joints— instead of thinking “upper arm, then elbow, then forearm” (this happens a lot for me when i go by the traditional sort of ball and stick way of constructing the body) it’s more of “upper arm, overlapping forearm
it’s kind of hard to explain but hopefully you’ll get what i mean from the pictures
img 3 has some milt kahl hands and some from the iron giant
img 4 is an old drawing of mine that i tried to fix up using what i learnt here
(…okay, obviously, it’s still not the greatest thing ever but it’s still a far sight better now)
Check out our latest Citizen tutorial in which we take a real time look at creating a golden pumpkin step by step with you! http://cgcookie.com/concept/2013/10/03/drawing-pumpkin/
Okay there is no way I can make this in only few steps so I made
PART 2. HOW I MAKE / SHADE “cartoonish” FUR!
> PART 1. HOW I MAKE/ SHADE “realistic” FUR!
Notice that even if I use Paint Tool SAI, everything I do here, can also be done in any painting / Drawing program just as photoshop, GIMP, painter, Paint shop pro etc.
Also I am not going to tell you how to color Black and white images.
Click here if you want to know how that is done.
PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE - and if you don’t know how the fur works I recommend you use magical tool known as “google”.
Google it. “fur” “animal fur” “dogs” “cats” “horses” “monkeys” - they all have different kind of fur. I know you can do it if you just put your mind in to it and have fun.
With over 150 votes, this was the top tutorial request and now you can watch the tutorials on creating clothing wrinkles and fabric folding!